Translate

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

At The Sock Hop



Our library hosted a Sock Hop and my family and I couldn't resist. I gathered up my gang and two of my daughter's friends and we all got dolled up in leather jackets and poodle skirts. We had an amazingly fun time. Here is a picture of my son looking "Oh so cool!". He was definitely swooning the ladies....OK, so I mean the little old ladies who thought the kids were adorable. There are times that you really get to see your children's true personality come out and this was one of those moments. I've discovered that my son is an amazing dancer who can pick up on dance instruction very quickly and who, to this day, jumps at the idea of dancing with me in the living room and reliving our Thriller lesson. My oldest daughter is quite the "ham". She won the air guitar competition when her finally included jumping in the air and landing in the splits. (Ouch..poodle skirt and all) My youngest daughter is also quite the actress. She proved this when, in her air guitar ensemble, she slid across the floor on her knees, leaned back and gave the best guitar solo I've ever seen! I was amazed at how unafraid they were to be completely silly in front of a group of strangers. I loved it and realized we have raised them well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails