Translate

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Introducing the Babies Part 1

Back in 2010 I left things off with a wish.  My wish, was to have a golden retriever of my very own.  Well, it only took about four years for it to come true, but here he is with his soft and cuddly, smooshy, little face.  We had such a hard time naming the little guy.  I know I said that his name would be Mr. Pickles, but we all know that you've got to look in their eyes and watch them a bit before you know what they are forever going to be called.  Sunny was my favorite, mostly because I wanted to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to him while flopping his ears around. We tossed around Watson, due to our current obsession with BBC's Sherlock, and Barnaby was a pretty close third,  but nothing was sticking and feeling natural. He's kind of a military brat, so to speak.  The couple we adopted him from are up north, but all of the information and correspondence through email came via Afghanistan.  His original pop is serving there in the Marine Corps, and because of all the amazing technology we have now days, he was helping his wife find homes for the babies any way he could.  Now, I'm not sure if I've ever relayed this information in past posts, but Mr. D is a "Once a Marine, always a Marine."  When I was telling a friend the story about where he came from, she said, "Well, it's simple then.  He needs a Marine name!"  I think she's  a little partial to the idea anyway seeing how her  husband is retired from the Marine Corps.  To make a long story short, we've decided on the name Gunny for Gunnery Sergeant.  I've got to give a big shout out to my nephew Ian who, by the way, suggested the name Toast.  He will be heading off to Marine Corps boot camp this month.  OORAH!  "Thank You!" to all of our military for their sacrifice and service to our country.  And, "Thank You!" to all of the young men and women who are braving these uncertain times and are boldly volunteering to serve.  Our hearts and prayers go out to you all. 

We're already seeing signs of fall on our Japanese maple.  It could be because of all of the unseasonably cool weather we've had this summer.  I can't complain, though.  It's really been a beautiful summer. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails