Translate

Friday, August 6, 2010

Take Me Home To The Movies!

This is the second installment of Take Me Home To The Movies, and I'd like to give a BIG, "Thank You!" to my dear friend Layla for this week's suggestion.
(Coming soon! Layla will be guest posting to tell you her side of the story about how our childhood friendship was recently reunited after 30 years! I'll also be posting on her blog...
I promise not to draw mustaches on all of her pictures)

A good planned out movie night at our house usually involves eating dinner in front of the TV and everyone gathered around ready to enjoy some laughs together.
Pretty simple!
Well, lemme tell ya...
the last couple of weeks have been crazy busy, and we weren't able to all be in the same place at the same time. Last Friday the kids had a youth event, so Mr. D and I took the opportunity to have a Date Night/Movie Night all on our own. We splurged and got a deli dinner at the supermarket.
I decided to pick out something I haven't had in a long LONG time!
Fried chicken!
I LOVE fried chicken..

L O V E IT, LOVE IT!

Daryn will only have it if he's in the "mood." He's never in the mood,
so I never get ma FRIED CHICKEN!
(I could be friends with this man!)

I'm not bitter really. I ate it with all its crispy golden-ness using about 10 napkins to clean up after each and every delicious bite.
"Mmm...Chee-Kan!", says LeeLoo as she pulls out the baked bird from the space age microwave thingy.
And then, I suddenly remembered why I don't eat it very often.

Anywho....

If you are in the mood for a classic mystery movie, check out Rear Window by
IT 'S Like Fried Chicken! Without the tummy trouble.
Ok.. there may be some tummy trouble from squirming in your seat and thinking you've got it all figured out, but you really don't! You probably are way smarter than me and you're used to all this mystery thriller stuff. I'm a bit of a late bloomer.




I was a little skeptical at first about an Alfred Hitchcock movie. All I knew were the glimpses of knives in shower scenes and bloody drains! Yes Norman, I'm talking about you and yo mama! Layla put all of my worries at ease by telling me Grace Kelly wears some gorgeous outfits in the film and I was all like..."OK!"

This was my favorite outfit...see that bracelet? She jingles while she has it on.

I wear my jeans like this all the time...I'm a Grace Kelly wannabe!
Gotta get me some penny loafers.

Also, how can you resist James Stewart? He's just like penny loafers...

A CLASSIC!

You may be wondering about this being "family friendly" or "kid friendly". I rechecked it out from the library for the kids to watch. I didn't want to suggest something for family movie night if I didn't test it out on everyone. My kids are between 13 and 16 and they really enjoyed it. There is some violence and suggestive material, but I don't remember any adult language.

This is a DVD we picked up for FREE at our local library! Be sure to check it out!


Now for the yummy part!
How about a snack to go along with this flick?

Wesley suggested Lady Fingers...I know...it's a little sick, but it works!
You can find this delicious recipe HERE! Enjoy!

Thank you again to Layla and her super movie suggestion. I'd love to hear about your favorites too! Just leave a comment below and it may end up being featured in the next
Take Me Home To The Movies!

God Bless Ya!

3 comments:

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I sho nuff like yo blog! Seriously, you do a great job! I adore mr. Stewart and ms. Kelly! We are getting ready to watch Lovely Bones. Enjoy your night!

Donna (Timeless Settings) said...

Great post! I LOVE Rear Window! Grace Kelly is so beautiful in this movie-and the clothes she wears are amazing! It's worth renting just to see her clothes!

Donna

laylablue said...

ooohh the lady fingers! diabolical! between scheduling back-to-school shots and registering 2 kids at two different schools, i'm a little swamped around here. you are on my mind, and we will get this blogpost thing licked this week, i promise!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails