Translate

Monday, August 3, 2009

Morgan's Birthday!

We just celebrated my baby girl's 12th birthday. I do realize she's not a baby anymore and it was made clear when I first read her birthday wish list. No more are the days of Littlest Petshop and Polly Pockets. Now, it's Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana and "Paula Deen cookware". Yes, she asked for cookware! Morgan jumps at the chance to make things in the kitchen and it seems she likes baking the most. I'll have to make sure I dedicate a post to one of her wonderful dishes.

For now, I'll get back to her party....

Morgan designed the menu and we all feasted on chicken enchiladas, mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Her sister, Maddie, sang the"carb"song as she filled her plate. My brother, who has always has held mashed potatoes in high esteem, saw absolutely nothing wrong with the selections and gave kudos to the birthday girl for her creativity.

I have to give a big shout out to my sister-in-law!! Amy always takes on the job of the cake and they are always delicious and made to order as well. I really can't measure how much I appreciate her taking on this task for every birthday party we have. Homemade icing, pudding or preserve fillings, the WORKS! Thank you AMY!!!

We had a lot of fun and good family time. The evening ended with us attempting to play 80's Trivial Pursuit (Amy dominated). I think that game was more fun for the adults than the kids but they were good sports about it especially when Mommy and Aunt Amy started to sing,
"Come with me,
my love,
to the sea,
the sea of Lve.
I wanna tell ya,
just how much
I Lve you".
I suspect that this weeks minivan music will consist of Morgan's new Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers. I'll admit that I don't mind either but I do like Hannah the best and I plan on learning the words to the Hoe Down Throw Down and singing along.

I Lve you bunches Morgie and I hope you had a great birthday!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails