Translate

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Staying Out In The Rain...

A few days ago, I sent my kiddos out to break up some branches in the back yard. The goal was to get this job finished before the giant black cloud that was heading our way burst open and spoiled all the fun. Ok...so cleaning up branches isn't really F U N. I thought I'd try and make it sound better than, "Git that mess a sticks picked up be-fur yer pa gets home!"

About 5 minutes into the job, sure enough, came a downpour that could drown a duck. Being the good mother I am, I thought that they should all come in before they catch their death or more like, were seen by the neighbors slaving away in the rain.

I gave a good holler....No answer!

I hollered again...Nuttin'

This is what they were up to!

Now I know for certain the neighbors think the "new folk" are crazy now.
There they were...splashin' around like they didn't have a care in the world. It really did my heart good to see them having so much fun.

Oops...

I was spotted!
Hello, son!

Stating the obvious, I say, "Do you know it's raining?"

"Uh HUH!" Maddie, the practical thinker asks, "Will this give us pneumonia?"

"No more than a sprinkler will!"

She giggles and laughs, "Good!"


Who am I to spoil all the fun?

I hope it's raining JOY where you are!

God Bless Your Day!





6 comments:

laylablue said...

Wonderful! Frolicking in the rain is simply the best!

Glenda said...

Great photos, I still find myself wanting to go out in the rain and play around.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, getting ready to read your old post!
~G~
XO

Shannan Martin said...

Love this!!! Those are good kids. I can see it all the way from here.

And speaking of here - where on earth are you? And when were you here? And should I have already known this? Have we already talked about this? (Please say no.) I'm speechless over our shared, eternal affection for Mazatlan!

Tete said...

Love your blog and the kids in the rain is so fun! Love your other posts, too!
Have a great day!
Blessings- Tete

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

It's raining right now here! My clothes are still on the line from yesterday. So humid they never dried, and now they are sobbing wet! Oh vey - thanks for the fun comments on the blog lately! So glad to have 'met' you - my changed don't involve me leaving, so you ain't gonna get rid of me that easy - sorry! Love it that you homeschool! What grades are they in?

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

love it!

such great fun by some adorable kids!

xo
becky

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails