Translate

Friday, September 25, 2009

Primitive Design

Here is the newest addition to my shop, the Primitive Damsel Garland! I just love all the warm and cozy fall colors in primitive crafts. And I have a huge affection for things that are old and rusty. But I think that my favorite primitive design would be the penny rug. It's like a little mini quilt that tells a story. All those bits and pieces of fabric from your favorite crafts all wrapped up in a beautiful design.
Blanket stitching also has this little warm and cozy place in my heart. It's so simple, and yet it adds an artistic element to the fabric. I'm always amazed at how different thing look before the blanket stitching is added.
I have one room in my house completely dedicated to primitive design. That's our family room and where we spend most of our time. To me it's the coziest room and it's a nice place to gather as a family and hang out. Primitive design is also so much more kid friendly. Usually, I buy things that look old and shabby, and the more you use them the older and shabbier they get which is perfect for the family. All this chatter has inspired me to take some pictures to share with you all. But that will have to wait until another day.
God Bless and Sweet Dreams Everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails