Translate

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 Days Later...


...and September has turned out to be one of the best months I've ever experienced. We went without television and eating out and what we got in return was far greater than anything we had expected.

We were blessed with some amazing family time and we were never at a loss for something to talk about. I realized how funny my kids had become and how many little jokes they had between each other. We laughed so much more this month than we had in a long time and it was good medicine.
Family time is so precious and we came to the realization of how much we waste when we have the television on. Our productivity sky rocketed and we were able to accomplish so many things we had put off and also some new and exciting things we had never tried before.

The kitchen table once again became the hub of activity and conversation.

(We got to enjoy more Mama visit too. "WE LOVE YOU MAMA!!")

All our meals were home cooked and eaten together. We lingered there longer laughing and joking and telling stories. We all participated in several game nights, and we even picked up some new games at the Thrift shop for a fraction of the cost of a retail store. School started there this month as well. I have to say that this was the best way to start out the year. Less distractions and more focus on the task at hand.


I also had made a commitment to Blog over these 30 days and that also turned out to be an amazing experience. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. They were always great encouragement along the way and I truly hope that I continue to hear from you all more. I discovered that there are so many amazing women out there that I can learn new things from.

I learned to make great bread, hot dog buns, pretzels, new craft inspirations and, of course, some amazing decorating ideas. All of this came from you wonderful ladies out there blogging your little hearts out. Thank You!
I also celebrated my 1 Year Etsy Anniversary with a GIVEAWAY that turned out great. And today I can celebrate my 100th SALE on Etsy! Be sure to come back for another GIVEAWAY...but give me a day or two to think about it because I was so surprised to have reached it today and I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet!

I'm the most thankful for God's blessing through this time. He is so good to us and he so often is just waiting for us to put some of the distractions aside and spend more time with him. We prayed more as a family over these 30 days and we had so many more conversations with him as the center.

Thank you all for coming along on the journey and I'm so excited about what is yet to come.

1 comment:

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

So excited you've made the 100 sales mark! Your pin cushions rock! I have to stay out of your store, or I'll be spending all my Etsy profits!
Thanks for continuing to inspire me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails